Same Beginning, Different Ending. =)

Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today.

Tribute to Her

All sorts of people walk in and out of our lives. Childhood playmates eventually diverge into other paths as we walk the streets of our life. Some people that came by and walk with us leave footprints, reminding s of them, reminding us of what they have done to our life. As it was endlessly mentioned, every meeting has its end. 


Today, a person walked out of my life, leaving footprints behind, reminding me of the sweet memories and the lessons she has given me. Sure, she might not remember me, I might not have left footprints in her walk of life, but I am really glad I walked with her along that same path. For 4 years I have been walking with her, and I have taken her for granted, complaining about her every chance I have. It is only now that I realise and truly understand the phrase 'you don't know what you have till it's gone'. Throughout these 4 years, I never thought of what changes she made to my life, up till this morning, when she was giving her final speech. It is then that I realise I have been a very disrespectful student, a very disrespectful and unappreciative person. The changes she has made, the lessons she have taught never ceased to help me through walking the ups and downs of life. Yet I have done nothing to thank her. 

She made this school shine despite its dark and unclean history. She tries her very best to make this school one of the best schools around. She, who endlessly suffered the rants and disapprove of the students and teachers. She, who selflessly taught us patiently the lessons of life that were not fully regarded by most of us. She, who faithfully paves our pathway to success. Yes, it is her that made all these changes. Truly from the bottom of my heart I thank her for being there to help all of us. Without her, fellow Perimbun students may be studying in the school of juvenille acts. All that she has done from the past will now be brought to the future, to remind us of her and to help us create a better tomorrow.

Now that I think of it, all I could ever do was regret, because all I ever did was receive. Living in the fear of her forgetting us, because we have not given her anything. Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart to her. These words have become a habit now, and these words are among the many words that she have taught us. I'm sorry, truly I am sorry. I'm even sorry that these words are coming out this late. Sorry that I have not thanked you enough. Truly you have been the candle that sacrifices itself to shine the ray of hope for us. 

Fair enough, God has rewarded her with a promotion she deserved. All the tragedies that she went through with all of us has brought her to this forked road. This road where she leaves to her own seperate way, leaving footprints for others as well as keeping some from them as well. It is now where she leaves us with the lessons and the drops of sweat and goes on with her life. Walking out, just like how every meeting ends. It is the time where we must move on and walk ahead, allowing memories to seep in from the subconscious mind time and time again. 

With this, I thank the person that has made changes in my life, Pn. Hjh. Jamelah bt. Haji Mansor, Principal of SMK Perimbun. I dedicate this to her, along with wishes for health and happiness.

Thank You.