Same Beginning, Different Ending. =)

Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today.

veiled in uncertainty

Be it a veil or a mask,
I keep myself protected,
As I have been in agony, 
For its' utter disregard.

Be it from stangers or from friends, 
I keep myself protected,
So that no one can harm me, 
Nor break the healing soul within.

Be it for fear or for uncertainty,
I keep myself protected, 
From the piercing darts of the tongue,
That stabs deep into me heartlessly.

Be it because of history or shared stories,
I keep myself protected,
That the little voices in the wind,
May not force open the stream of tears.

Be it setting myself free,
or locking myself away,
From the tranquils of life,
and the grieving of the wound.

Be it at the past or the present,
I keep myself protected,
For I lost hope in the world,
For kindness has faded.

Now I slowly let my veil go,
And slowly open the doors,
Letting bits and pieces in,
To heal the shattered heart.